Please Subscribe

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My 8 years with Nightwish

  First of all let me point out, that there are so many fans who have been much longer with Nightwish, then I am, which is amazing and there's so many of who've been with them since the very beginnging, which is very impressive and...WOW! But, for me 8 years with this band is pretty impressive too. I've listened hundreds of different groups, but this one is beyond comparison. 
  I've found out about this band through my uncle, my father brought the DVD of  their last gig with Tarja Turunen "From Wishes to Eternity". I loved the music and everything, but I couldn't understand a single word(obviously, I'm a Ukrainian, I was too little to know smth. in English). Also, I was afraid to watch that DVD alone, yeah, probably it was too "dark" for me, but I wanted too, so bad, that I started to "train" myself not to afraid, I know this sounds stupid, but I was about 15 years old and I've never listened to THIS kind of music. 
  After I got used to it, the wars about Anette and Tarja were still going on. I actually was crying when'd found about Tarja's leaving, it didn't change anything, but...it took place. Then I started to blame Tuomas, about failure with Anette, I thought it was a failure, I still do...
  I had about the same fillings about Floor, who I insanely Love right now. I want to wright smth. about each of them, might be long.
  Tarja Turunen - beautiful, gentle, talented. I couldn't imagine the band without her at all. She was like a Goddess to me. Her voice..is just...we all know her voice, right? So, no ramble to that. That video, though, when she is crying, while telling about her dismissal...broke my heart.


Annete Olzon - where was Tuomas when they took Anette? I mean, I know he said, that he was not going to take another Tarja, but really? I loved the album "Dark Passion Play" her voice was outstanding, but let's admit that while performing on stage, she couldn't do a half of it... That's where I think Tuo have failed himself and his fans. I was so sorry, about Anette getting all that hatred... it was...she didn't deserve that, so that was too much of an experiment.


Floor Jansen - she is a FIRE! She is like Xena, from "Xena - The Princess Warrior". I can't even express how much I love her, I also think that she is the best thing that have ever happened to this band. I've never heard about her. I didn't like her from the first time, I wont tell the reasons, because they are reidiculous, but now we have a win win situation, at least for me. This album "Endless forms most beautiful" is going to be EPIC! 



Troy Donockley - I love that man, what can I say. He brings Nightwish a bit of an age feeling, in a good way, he completes the band like no one else. He took the place about which no one knew, it's a good sign.

Marco Hietala - the good old mate. He is out of this world. He makes Nightwish Nightwish, you know what I mean? We know, that he took place of Sami Vänskä, but you know...it was deffintely for good, right?

Erno Vuorinen - who doesn't love Emppu? He is such a smile person. He can pull out any sound out of his guitar, always jumping and running all over the stage. Can you imagine, he was 18 years old, when he joined the band?

Jukka Nevalainen- an amazing drummer, there wouldn't be the band without him. He is like a king on a throne, an icing on the cake. It's a shame that he won't be able to be on the tour with the guys, but I hope he will get better soon, so he can join everyone by the next album. And Kai Hahto most welcome to the band.

Tuomas Holopainen - the soul of Nightwish, he is the band. He is the one who made us family, I mean us, fans. I'm really grateful for that, for him, for what he does, it's really emotional for me. He is, the band, that what's important. 


  I've never been on their show before, but I want it so bad, that I can't even express, I hope one day my dream come true and I will come to see my life band, because dreams come true, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment